Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I saw in the paper that there was a Child Sex sting in

Customer Question
I saw in the...

I saw in the paper that there was a Washington Child Sex sting in Bellvue area and that 61 cases were dismissed for some reason. Can you tell me why they were dismissed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I read about it in the paper so I cannot answer your question.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The same thing happened in Kitsap County in October and my son was caught up in it and we want to know what the legal aspect was for the cases being dismissed.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 month ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

The answer is that Washington State is a two-party consent state when it comes to audio recording. Without a warrant, the police cannot just record conversations without consent. They did so, however, in more than half the cases they arrested in this sex sting. So with the evidence of the crime obtained by illegal means, the state was not allowed to go forward with the case.

You can read more about that here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, can you tell me why I just got charged $42.00 and some other charge for this question when the first time is supposed to be free?

Customer service handles all billing and membership issues. I am just a criminal lawyer who works as a legal expert on the site. I have no access to your account and can't tell you anything about your enrollment. Contact customer service at***@******.*** and they will clear this up for you.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD