Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm on probation and I have one last fee to pay due

Customer Question
I'm on probation and...

I'm on probation and I have one last fee to pay due tomorrow. I tried to pay it today but my probation officer seems to be gone for the holidays and I wasn't aware no one would be at the probation office. Any advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

In my experience, under circumstances like this, if you pay your fee on the first day that there is someone there to accept it, nobody is going to violate you on probation for being late with it. By the time anyone is around to lodge the violation, you'll be there paying it.

Just document all you tried so that if it becomes an issue you'll have the facts at your disposal as to when you tried to contact your PO, who you spoke to, and so forth.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD