Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Do you assist with writing a letter to a judge asking for…

Customer Question
Hi do you assist...

Hi do you assist with writing a letter to a judge asking for leniency and possibly probation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in the state of Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I did have a lawyer, he did instruct me to write one telling my story of the event that took place. however this situation has caused me to be put on temporary leave until this matter is resolved thus I could not continue to pay my lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all. I just need help with the letter

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 month ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am including a sample letter below. I hope this helps:

To The Honorable Court:
I am writing this letter today to ask for leniency. The Court only knows me from the action I am accused of, but I would like to state also that I am not only that person, and to consider my life, too. (Here, say whatone has done that has earned merit - volunteer, family oriented, aspirations, etc.).
I understand the need for punishment by society and our morals. But I ask - on behalf of myself and others - to consider giving __ another chance at rehabilitation over punishment, and hope over despair. Is not the point of the our justice system to ultimately rehabilitate the person to become a good and contributing member of society?

If possible, I would like to (probation, etc).

I thank the Court for its consideration.

- - - -

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to you to modify the letter to more my case please if that is possible, please also explain more I am not a criminal, I do have a life ahead of me and alot to lose, also many lives will be effected .... Below is a bit more information on my case and about myself.
The crime accused against me is insurance fraud and theft. I When I had made the claim I was unaware that what I was doing was against the law due to being instructed by the insurance office assistant when and how to make the claim. The insurance company is also stating that I gave them a false date which I did not, I have submitted paper work they asked which too shows the date of incident therefore I was not hiding of falsifying the date. I am taking responsibility for the crime against.
I am a mother of 3, so to also be a grandmother of my first grandchild. I am currently in my fall semester of college for my Associates in Business, certificates for entrepreneurship and small business owner. I am affiliated with several non-profit organizations as well one to name is***** I have put together several different support groups such as MPower U which is a support group for women how have been through domestic violence, single moms. Polynesian group here in Arizona and Las Vegas.
We have moved to Arizona from Hawaii to change our lives and to save my own. Being in Hawaii my life was endangered due to my ex husband. From the day I met him until the day I left Hawaii he has repeatedly beat me, threatened my life, sent his own friends after me. One incident after not being with him for over 10 yrs I remember Rodney and I driving from Waimanalo after visiting family back home to Ewa. A truck pulling on the side of us me on the passenger side turned to see a gun pointing at me from the driver in the truck, when I seen the driver I noticed it was my ex husbands friend. He has found every where I lived back in Hawaii, stocked, put my life endanger. I gave up on going to the authorities, when I would it did not matter to him, a TRO did not stop him, it made him more enraged.
Moving to Arizona and starting a new life where he is not has made a big impact on my life. I am not only a college student, I am a volunteer at a farm where autistic children go to, I volunteer for the epilepsy foundation, Rodney and I in the winter gather donated blankets and give them out to the homeless in the Mesa area where we live, summer time we put up a tent buy a few cases of water, others donate as well and we give the water bottles out to the homeless.

I am sorry, but I cannot write the letter for you. This goes beyond what the site allows the expert to do. All I can do is give examples. Or, you can write the letter and then I can provide feedback.

Would that work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did see on the website an expert wrote and modified a letter for a client. But if you are unable to then yes please send me different examples. thank you

Sure. See HERE and HERE for three examples, total.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law