Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son admitted to touching a younger child genitals when he…

Customer Question
My son admitted to...

My son admitted to touching a younger child genitals when he was 14. He told this to a psychiatrist in the inpatient mental health treatment facility. He was told CPS is being called, but that his is not going to be arrested. Can you clarify. My son is currently 17

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

NYS, roughly 3 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, he is currently in the hospital for depression

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Was the alleged victim a child in the same household? How old was that child? What part of this do you need clarified?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.