Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What is the bail amount for harassment phone in Colorado…

Customer Question
Hi what is the...

Hi what is the bail amount for harassment phone in Colorado Springs

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/27/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

This charge is a class 1 misdemeanor. Colorado does have guidelines for judges to use. The recommended bail for a class 1 misdemeanor in your state is $1,750.

That said, bail is always at the discretion of the judge and he or she is free to deviate from the guidelines when the judge feels it is appropriate. Judges arrive at a bail determination by looking at the strength and seriousness of the state's case, the personal and criminal history of the defendant, the defendant's ties to the community and whether or not he's a likely flight risk.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD