Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In orange county ca this happened here is the whole truth i…

Customer Question
Ok so in orange county...
Ok so in orange county ca this happened here is the whole truth i need help ok so i called an escort on website called oc back pages .com and this girl came over and i gave her 250 for the og show up cost then we were discussing tip options and i told her she could either have 250 more cash for tips or 500 dollars in gift cards and she said well just give me the cash and the cards and ill go into the bathroom and check the gift cards and if the balance is what you say it is then i will take the gift cards i said ok ill trust you thinking she is in my batjroom what could happen well she decides to pass the money and cards through the bathroom window to her driver and she came out of bathroom now mind you up to this point she hasnt even fullfilled her massage duty and she had just walked in and all this took place then she gets out of bathroom and starts to walk towards the door and i stop her and say where you going what did you decised and she says tnat she gve everything to her driver threw the window and i say what so i barely open up the door and sure enough there he is and i demand my gift cards back and the extra 250 for tips back i said reluctantly that she could keep the og payment of 250 amd he said ok just open yhe door and so i did as soon as i opened the door he sprayed me with pepper spray and they both ran off and hopped in there car now some how i managed to be able to go after them almost right away and they are on the road and im chaseing them on the road i didnt have my cellphone on me or i would have called the police like i should have done but i was in the moment i was just robbed for 1000 dollars 500 cash and 500 in visa gift cards so we are on the freeway and i catch up to them i hit there car with min a couple times and didnt phase them they just speed up and we get off freeway and we arebon surface streets at this point and he is driving like 90iles an hour on the streets running every red light and im right behind him and finally he slows way down and i hit his car with mine a couple times hard then i realized what i was doing and i stopped and left just said f the money it is what it is lesson learned well about 45 mins go by and the chp shows up at my door step and talk to me they said my story didnt add up and that they were arresting me for assault with a deadly weapon now i have never had a charge like that ever in my life im 55 years old and so i go to jail and bail out in 7 hours thankfully but now im really concered about all this and i dont even think the cop was listening to me and mt side cause i dont think they were even arrested im not 100 percent sure but i dont think so what do i do to fix this if i have any options and should i get a felony lawyer. Thank you for your help
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/27/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 6 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, the charge which you are facing is very serious so you do want to retain a criminal defense attorney. They will work the case and represent you and defend the charge. Now, what this women and man did were illegal as they stole from you but it does not justify chasing after them and hitting your car with theirs. However, the issue is going to be if they cooperate with the State. I say this because these people are likely engaged in criminal conduct. She may be a prostitute and he may be her pimp or trafficker and engaged in illegal business and if they cooperate with the State, they will avail themselves to possible criminal prosecution for themselves which they may want to avoid. Your attorney will depose them and see if they can find information on them an attacked their credibility and character.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!