Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I had a deferred adjudication in 2008 for bodily injury to a…

Customer Question
I had a deferred...

I had a deferred adjudication in 2008 for bodily injury to a child

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wondering about gun laws

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/26/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. To clarify, are you asking if you can own a gun now?

or sell guns looking at a job at a pawn shop

Thank you for your reply.

If a person has been officially discharged from a deferred adjudication -even a felony deferred adjudication (or an assault involving family violence) he or she may possess or own a firearm under both federal and state law. If the court has entered an order discharging the person from deferred adjudication and dismissing the case, the person’s civil rights are restored.

Therefore, you should also have no issues selling guns, either.

RobertJDFL, Lawyer