Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My step sister is intending to sue me. She alleges abuse or…

Customer Question
My step sister is intending...
My step sister is intending to sue me. She alleges sexual abuse or rape in 1977 in Michigan when she was 7 years old and I was 11 years old. I know for a fact that nothing like that ever happened between us. Her mother has been trying to get from me over quite a few years. I used to give her money but stopped talking to her cause that is all she is calling me for. My dad is now dying and this, I feel is a way for them to try to get money for me. It seems that was their plan because he could have been the one to validate that there was no abuse. There is no evidence of my step sister’s claims other than saying that she has been talking to a counselor over the years for a number of issues and brought this up as well. but I’m afraid it will be her word against mine and my sister who was at home at the time of the alleged incident or incidents and they are using the latest trends in women coming out against abusers to validate their case against me. My step sister used to have a great relationship. We’ve hung out many times when I would come home on leave, I use to babysit her children, even sat with her in her AA classes when no one else would. We haven’t spoken for over 10 years mainly because I live in another state and don’t come home. But I believe her mom is putting her up to this and another point is, how can a parent stay blameless when they are alleging that this happened on her watch? She should be as much to blame as anyone. I’ve lived a spotless life free of crime and served my country for 24 years as an Air Force Veteran without as much as a parking ticket. I currently reside in Utah so I assume if this comes to pass I’d have to obtain a lawyer in Michigan? So for the long message but wanted to provide some context into why I believe this is happening.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You may consider locating a lawyer here now so that if you are charged you have ir set up.It is very difficult when jailed to look for a lawyer.A lawyer here might also be able to derail prosecution of this very old case.A lawyer here is a great idea to work on your behalf going forward.

Lawyer referral here

http://lrs.michbar.org/LRS-Info/Lawyer-Referral-Service

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is is always much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer