Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I’m buying a firearm in WA state. Do I need a concealed

Customer Question
weapons permit to buy it...
I’m buying a firearm in WA state. Do I need a concealed weapons permit to buy it and bring it home?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

No but there is a waiting period.

For handguns, Washington State law dictates that we can only sell to a Washington resident with a valid Washington driver’s license or Washington ID. You must be at least 21 years of age, a US citizen, or an immigrant alien with 90 days proof of residence of a minimum of 90 days, or a non-immigrant alien with 90 days proof of residence and a hunting license. Additionally, if you do not possess a concealed pistol license there is a mandatory ten day waiting period for the background check. The ten day waiting period is ten business days; weekends and holidays DO NOT count towards the ten business days.

If you have a Washington State issued concealed pistol license, then you do not need to wait the mandatory ten day waiting period. We are able to call in your background check and you can usually leave with your pistol the same day.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer