Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I reported Child Abuse and have been retaliated against

Customer Question
I reported Child Sexual...

I reported Child Sexual Abuse and have been retaliated against including having a Superior Court Judge threatening me with Felony Harassment if I gave my report to any other Law Enforcement. Is that Obstruction of Justice? The Yav. Cnty Sheriff's Office did not have all the info and they are stopping me from reporting what the child welfare people are begging me to report. I'm planning on suing for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress but also filing charges against the Judge for Intimidating a Witness. I'm on disability with no money. How do I find representation or at least legal advise?

Lawyer's Assistant: Does the Superior have any upcoming court dates on the charges?

No, it's all been quiet since my Cancer and other disabilities. April 2018 will be 1year since the threat from the Judge. I'm legally required to report this information so I don't know how I can be threatened.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Arizona, Yavapai County

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I'm having issues with the City of Flagstaff as well and they may or may not be related.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/24/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How did the Superior Court judge get involved in this matter to begin with and how/why were you before that judge? Is the case against the abuser going forward in court?

I was mentoring a girl doing Living History. Her behaviour was unacceptable so I ended the situation when she had turned 13 I believe. I had tried to report to some people including AZ State Parks. The Grandmother filed a Injunction Against Harassment against me and was "in accurate" in her testimony. She lied about having been contacting me about trying to get me to keep working with her child. I provided phone records and showed that the transcripts had been edited to no avail. The woman kept filing extensions against me to keep me from participating at the Fort where most the incidents took place. The last time I was in front of the Judge he granted another Injunction and made the threats to me.
Nobody is being investigated because the Sheriff's Dept. shut everything down by interviewing the child with her grandmother where they swore nothing like that was happening. That's not an acceptable investigation as far as I'm concerned nor anyone in Child Welfare. They are obstructing the reporting of anything based on the fact that the investigation closed before they even had the facts. The woman filed criminal harassment charges against me in another court where she admitted I was responsible and that her testimony from IfH was in accurate. That one will be overturned very soon. The Judge said he would when I met certain things which I have.
So, the woman filed an Injunction which she lied in court and that was used to make the decision on the Criminal Harassment charge.
Nobody is investigating anything and it appears like something very disgusting is happening with the cops and courts.
Arizona is like a big small town.
There is a Statute against retaliation, 13-5206 or something, that protects reporters from retaliation. You have to be malicious or the perp to not get protection. I'm neither of those.
It's extremely involved but little kids are in danger if reporters are not protected from retaliation. I believe that is a nation wide loophole problem with the system.
I am being railroaded for doing my legal and moral duty.

I'm on disability. I don't have money to even do this. If it's too involved keep the $xxx bucks deposit and I'll wing it. I can't call you. Thanks anyway. It was worth a shot.

Sorry for the delay. I am answering questions for more than one customer, and I take their replies in turn.

If you have a lawyer on the criminal case against you, he or she can see that the prosecutor gets the information that you want to report, because it's necessary and relevant to the defense of your case.

What the prosecutor does with the information, unfortunately, is out of your control.They don't have to believe that the abuse took place and even if they do believe it may have happened the state is not required to prosecute every crime reported to it.

Just a thought as to that piece of this very complicated problem.

As for the retaliation, you can contact your state attorney general if you are getting no satisfaction from the police and the courts. You could also involve an agency such as the American Civil LIberties Union. Their national website is www.ACLU.org, but they have branches throughout the US, including Arizona, and they may be willing to look into something like this.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.