Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was just released from the hospital with back surgery I…

Customer Question
Thank you for your response...
Thank you for your response. I was just released from the hospital with back surgery I did not realize the lengths this woman would do to to disrupt my life after repeated attempts of asking her to stop. Some how my Facebook friends have been hacked and are now gone. Her contacts with me are simply terrifying. I keep all doors locked but she has done everything in her power to sully my character. I am a grandmother and have many wonderful friends that I can not know who is gone from my contact lists. I live everyday scared of her next action. I have witnesses to her vile and disgusting contact with me. I am to the point of despair. She simply will not stop in her attacks. I need some help in recovering emails that I instantly put to spam. The most vile of these were sent to me November7th. I need to print these out to take to dectectives for a cease and desist otder so I can move on without looking over my shoulder. Please help me know what to do. I have never dealt with this. On advice from my therapist TJGrow I am try to report this action of hers against me.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/23/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for your personal request.

You would need to file either a civil or criminal charges against this woman.

In case of criminal charges police can request the email records; in case of civil charges you can put in a subpoena request with the clerk of the court to be served on the email provider to release the records.

You would have a civil action against her under illegal hacking:

Here is the statute in which she can be prosecuted under:

"ffective 5/9/2017
76-6-703. Computer crimes and penalties -- Interfering with critical infrastructure.

(1)It is unlawful for a person to:(a)without authorization, or in excess of the person's authorization, access or attempt to access computer technology if the access or attempt to access results in:

(i)the alteration, damage, destruction, copying, transmission, discovery, or disclosure of computer technology;

(ii)interference with or interruption of:

(A)the lawful use of computer technology; or

(B)the transmission of data;

(iii)physical damage to or loss of real, personal, or commercial property;

(iv)audio, video, or other surveillance of another person; or

(v)economic loss to any person or entity;

(b)after accessing computer technology that the person is authorized to access, knowingly take or attempt to take unauthorized or unlawful action that results in:

(B)the transmission of data;

(v)economic loss to any person or entity; or

(c)knowingly engage in a denial of service attack.

(2)A person who violates Subsection (1) is guilty of:(a)a class B misdemeanor when:

(i)the economic loss or other loss or damage caused or the value of the money, property, or benefit obtained or sought to be obtained is less than $500; or

(ii)the information obtained is not confidential;

(b)a class A misdemeanor when the economic loss or other loss or damage caused or the value of the money, property, or benefit obtained or sought to be obtained is or exceeds $500 but is less than $1,500;

(c)a third degree felony when the economic loss or other loss or damage caused or the value of the money, property, or benefit obtained or sought to be obtained is or exceeds $1,500 but is less than $5,000;

(d)a second degree felony when the economic loss or other loss or damage caused or the value of the money, property, or benefit obtained or sought to be obtained is or exceeds $5,000; or

(e)a third degree felony when:

(i)the property or benefit obtained or sought to be obtained is a license or entitlement;

(ii)the damage is to the license or entitlement of another person;

(iii)the information obtained is confidential or identifying information; or

(iv)in gaining access the person breaches or breaks through a security system."

Just a reminder I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer