Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My partner filed a domestic violence report but did not

Customer Question
My partner filed a...

My partner filed a domestic violence report but did not press charges , the police told her they would come looking for me, what should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the domestic violence charges?

No the report was filed 2 days ago

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the domestic violence occur?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have never had this happen to me & we still love together . She said she filed cause she felt pressured by the hospitals social worker

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/23/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 3 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can you give me some more details about what happened here?

,

Were there any visible injuries or marks?

.

Why did partner go to the hospital?

.

Do you know if pictures were taken at the hospital?

.

.

thanks

there were visable marks , she went to the hospital because her eye was swollen closed & yes pictures were taken at the hospital

Ok, if she filed a complaint for domestic violence, then after that, it isn't up to her to pursue this or not. The complaint goes to law enforcement and then to the DA who will file a criminal charge. It is likely that you would then receive a summons to go to court for the charge rather than being arrested.

.

So at this point you really need to be proactive and get in contact with a criminal defense attorney to see if you can get out ahead of this before you even receive a summons..

.

.

how do i find a criminal defense lawyer , I've never done anything like this in my life.. I was pushed into s corner & came out swinging

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need local counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Criminal Defense Law