Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Looking for a pro bono attny. Calif. My original atty - but…

Customer Question
Looking for a pro...

Looking for a pro bono attny

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Calif

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My original atty - but he was sarcastic and charged me $400 for nothing. was divorced since 89, - the ex owns 35% of house - now house is falling apart. i retired 2 yrs ago, - he replied he couldn't help me ... he's a socio path. i worked 3 jobs - now i can't afford to eat. would prefer an attny who understands chinese culture = my email is***@******.***. tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, it's also child abuse & i've come to realise the i too have been a victim of domestic violence (emotional & financial)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/22/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

It is not easy to find a pro bono lawyer for a civil matter because the demand for them is so much greater than the supply. However, there are agencies which at the very least can walk you through what you have to do and advise you, even if they don't have the staff to be able to represent you themselves.

Here is a site which will have links to California's pro-bono resources.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/freehelp.cfm?id=CA

Almost all of these agencies are for civil rather than criminal matters, and people in the pro bono loop usually know of still others who can assist you with your issue. So you may have to make a lot of phone calls, but you should be able to get at least some hands-on assistance. If one can't help you, don't be shy. Ask them if they can refer you to an agency who can.

Another thought is that you are in California, where there is a host of law schools. A good resource available for free or low priced legal assistance is law school clinics where law students research, write and handle actual cases and issues under the supervision of a practicing professor/lawyer. Some of these law school clinics have wonderful reputations, and if a court appearance is called for, the professor goes to court.

Law students are trained legal researchers. They are energetic, idealistic and enjoy putting their efforts into a cause they can believe in. Here's a list of California Law schools. The kinds of clinics that they have are noted on the list.

https://www.google.com/search?q=california+law+school+clinics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

THis should give you a start. Hope it helps. Good luck!

I had to leave. Divorce Breach of contract. Plz cancel

You need customer service to cancel. Please contact them at***@******.***

Cancel
Cancel my accnt

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD