Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is there anyway I can get a letter or a sample letter

Customer Question
Is there anyway I...

Is there anyway I can get a letter or a sample letter written for a judge in Arkansas for leniency on a crime I committed for drugs is repeated and I want to go to rehab instead of prison time what kind of letter should I write to the judge

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes charges have been filed and next court date is January 8th or 9th I believe

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an AR lawyer about this yet?

Yes but they don't really seem too much interested in it they are really just like this it is a court appointed lawyer

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/22/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thanks

Dear Honorable Judge (Name),

My name is***** am a devoted (husband/father etc) and spend time working hard to support his family (if not married or has no children- he is a dutiful son always available to take care of his mother’s needs and family needs). My son has never had any inappropriate interactions with any minors and has always been a dutiful and respectable member of the community.

I am asking for leniency in his sentencing for drugs and distribution as serving time would not be any benefit to society and would cause undue hardship to his family, especially me as his mother who relies on him for care and would become a burden to society without that care (or something about how family will suffer hardship without him).

I have never denied my responsibility for the criminal offense committed. I understand what he has done is wrong and will have to live with the stigma of being a drug offender for the remainder of his life, which is significant punishment for him that will last well beyond any probation and will serve as a reminder to him as to how wrong his behavior was.

I believe that the right course of action will be considered by the justice system.
I think I would benefit from probation and counseling in lieu of prison so I can provide for my family.

Sincerely yours,

Your name

Please feel free to modify this to your situation.It is just a form.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Prayers to you here.

What about a one from the defendant himself that's what I needed one from his self

Dear Honorable Judge (Name),

My name is***** am a devoted (husband/father etc) and spend time working hard to support my family (if not married or has no children- he is a dutiful son always available to take care of his mother’s needs and family needs). I have been a dutiful and respectable member of the community.

I am asking for leniency in my sentencing for drugs and distribution as serving time would not be any benefit to society and would cause undue hardship to my family, as I provide assistance to my parents or to my children(whichever applies.
)

I have never denied my responsibility for the criminal offense committed. I understand what I havr done is wrong and will have to live with the stigma of being a drug offender for the remainder of my life, which is significant punishment for me that will last well beyond any probation and will serve as a reminder to me as to how wrong his behavior was.

I think I would benefit from probation and counseling in lieu of prison so I can provide for my family and continue to provide for them.

Sincerely yours,

Your name

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer