Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was jailed and is out on a PR Bond. His Mom says he…

Customer Question
My son was jailed...

My son was jailed and is out on a PR Bond. His Mom says he can’t leave the county they live in. How does this affect my court ordered visitation if I live in another county?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His mom refuses to show me the PR bond to confirm.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If there is a condition to his release, it needs to be complied with. If the Judge ordered that he can not leave the county, the visitation would need to take place in the county where he remains. This should have been something your son / his mother addressed with the Judge at the time and if it was not, needs to be addressed at his next hearing or if that is some time away, a motion needs to be filed with the court, asking the Judge to modify the terms of his release and allow him to leave the county ONLY for visitation with you.

Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 6 months ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!