Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

How to expunge rec? I'm get uber a job. My case cr-13-00287.

Customer Question
How to expunge rec...

How to expunge rec? I'm get uber a job

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

My case cr-13-00287

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

San benito county Hollister ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/20/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 2 months ago
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare a response.
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 2 months ago
You are not eligible for expungement if you:are currently charged with a criminal offense,
are on probation for a criminal offense or
are serving a sentence for a criminal offense.You are also not eligible for expungement if you were convicted of certain sex crimes involving children.If you were convicted of a misdemeanor and are still on probation, you may request early release from probation and file petition to have conviction dismissed. To do this, file a PC 1203.3 petition to have probation terminated early, and PC 1203.4 petition for expungement.If you were convicted of a misdemeanor and have successfully completed probation you may file a petition to have conviction dismissed. To do this, file a PC 1203.4 petition for expungement.If you were convicted of a misdemeanor and were never given any probation at all, you may file a petition to have conviction dismissed. To do this, file a PC 1203.4a petition for expungementYou were convicted of a felony and are still on probation you may request early release from probation and file a petition to have your conviction reduced to misdemeanor and dismissed. To do this, file a PC 1203.3 petition to have probation terminated early. Also file a PC 17(b) petition to get felony reduced, and PC 1203.4 petition for expungement.If you were convicted of a felony and are done with probation and/or county jail time you may file petition to have conviction reduced and dismissed. To do this, file a PC 17(b) petition to get the felony reduced, and a PC 1203.4 petition for expungementIf you were convicted of a felony and were never given any probation at all and were sentenced to county jail, you may file a petition to have felony reduced to a misdemeanor and file petition to have conviction dismissed. To do this file a PC 17(b) petition to get felony reduced and a PC 1203.4a petition for expungement.You were convicted of a felony and were sentenced to state prison or under the authority of the California Department of Corrections, you may file a petition for Certificate of Rehabilitation and Pardon.are currently charged with a criminal offense,
are serving a sentence for a criminal offense.
You are also not eligible for expungement if you were convicted of certain sex crimes involving children.As you may note, the process can be complicated depending on the type of conviction. We highly recommend consulting local counsel to protect your rights and interests.
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez