Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What it is the definition of harassment outside the

Customer Question
What it is the...

What it is the definition of sexual harassment outside the workplace?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I's a teacher teaching a text where a married woman comes on to a man single man, and my I want my students to do research on the legalities.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/20/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Great thanks.
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I see that you requested a phone call, I'm available and happy to speak with you about this further!

I'll send you the service offer so that we can proceed. Thanks!

I didn't.
I'm fine with chat.

Are you still there xxxx?

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

No problem! Give me just a few minutes to type up some information for you, thanks!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Sexual harassment is defined as "unwelcome sexual physical or verbal conduct in the workplace."

Federal Law:

Federal law forbids sexual harassment under Title VII of the Civil Right Act of 1964. Title VII covers employers who employ, or have employed, 15 or more employees for each working day in 20 or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year.

State Law:

Sexual harassment is illegal under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. Sexual harassment protections extend to applicants, employees, unpaid interns, professional relationships and independent contractors.

Other than that, criminal cases fall under separate classifications such as sexual assault, stalking, battery, domestic violence, etc. depending on the specific facts/ situation.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

I always thought if a clear sexual advancement is made and refused, any follow up advancement is illegal. Is this true?
Your response didn't really address the question.
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you referring to an incident in the workplace or outside of the workplace?

Original question was outside the workplace. A person hits on a person, the advance is refused. Same person hits again, and again, and again. Whne is the legal line crossed?
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Are you still looking for an answer to this question?

THanks

What do you mean "outside employment"? What is the context if not employment?