Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

We called 911 for our unconscious son. (good samaritan law).

Customer Question
We called 911 for...

We called 911 for our unconscious son. (good samaritan law). They searched him for drugs and found none. He was admitted to the hospital. In the ER he was out of his mind. They searched him for drugs. Let him go to the bathroom. Searched him again, found nothing. He managed to get xanax into the mental health ward. He was xx at the time. A xx year old girl who was also a patient was the "welcome Person"  showed him around. A grown man who is out of his mind. He told 3 girls he had this drug and the "welcome" girl asked for some. Jordan gave her some. The hospital workers could not wake her in the morning. She went to the ICU, her mother was called

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

In Illinois. She was fine. The mother sued the hospital. We hear nothing about it for a few months. Then detectives came to the door asking what happened. We told them, we had nothing to hide. The next day he was accused of possession.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We have half hearty tried, but no help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We hired a criminal lawyer. Jordan completed task probation for 2 and a half years successfully so the felony was vacated. He has graduated college with a degree in finance and can't get a job because a background check shows a felony even though it has been vacated. The hospital changed all their pollicies (I can't spell) right after this happened. The mother of the girl did not come after us because the girl admitted that she asked for it and that Jordan was out of his mind.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation.

He may be eligible to have his record expunged or sealed.

What exactly was the final disposition on his case?

The Felony was vacated. Wasn't the hospital at fault for not finding the drug? What about the good samaritan law?
I have to pay more for an answer?
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Billing is all handled through customer support, not myself or any of the other attorneys on the site.

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I can continue typing up the answer to your question here in the chat. The phone call request is auto generated by the site, so you can disregard if you're not interested.

I just ask that you leave a positive rating after I've answered your question and any follow up questions you might have, so that I can be credited and compensated for my time and help with your question.

Would you like to proceed? I'd be happy to finish typing up some information for you in regards ***** ***** questions about your son's situation. Let me know, thanks!