Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am being followed by multiple cars daily even thou my

Customer Question
I am being followed...

I am being followed by multiple cars daily even thou my domestic violence case was dismissed months ago. Can you tell me if this is normal or has it happened before?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, but no one knows or will tell me why this is happening to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am still under a protective order that was assigned before the case was started.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience.

If a domestic violence case has been dismissed, (and a case can be either criminal or civil) then that means the court no longer has jurisdiction over it.

However if the party that initiated the case (private party, prosecutor etc) is looking to find new evidence, it is possible that they have retained a private investigator but they tend to be discreet and do not send multiple vehicles for observation of an individual.

If there is a protective order that typically precludes contact between 2 parties (and may have other restrictions) but generally does not result in people following either party.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

The person has no money to hire a private investigator. Can any other party hire people to follow me because that did not like the trail outcome? How can I stop it? Go to the judge?
Please answer with text.

Anyone can hire a private investigator; there are no restrictions on hiring a private investigator.

One can seek court intervention but that would unfortunately require knowing the identity of the people that would be following the applicant.

This discusses the penal code violation of stalking:

https://www.tcsheriff.org/images/victim-services/docs/stalking.pdf

So a complaint can be filed with the local law enforcement.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: