Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My sons father got denied to move to my house by his parole…

Customer Question
My sons father got...

My sons father got denied to move to my house by his parole officer if we got married could they still deny him moving here? I am not a felon or related to his case. I have a job and am involved in the church

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Janesville Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

What was the basis for the denial? Is he still on parole?

he is on parole in the halfway house. They say its because he has no ties or family in Janesville.
They approved him to stay with his co defendant/ex girlfriend and said he should live there.

I'm not following... he was denied the right to live with you b/c you're not family but they approved his living with his ex gf even though she's not family. Something doesn't sound right... Do you have a letter stating that he cannot live with you but can live with her?

he does I can send it over

yes you can :)