Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can probation officer in Texas meet with parents without…

Customer Question
Can probation officer in...

Can probation officer in Texas meet with parents without juvenile in attendance

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

He had his hearing today and received 6 months pribation

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is yes. The juvenile does not have to be in attendance for the PO to meet with his parents/guardians. So yes, this can be done. In addition, the PO has the ability to talk to anyone he/she wants to in regards ***** ***** case (not just the parents/guardians) - there is no privacy law covering this.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).