Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My fiancé is a first time offender on a forgery charge and…

Customer Question
My fiancé is a...

My fiancé is a first time offender on a forgery charge and was sentenced to 2 yrs in prison which he has served 10 months and had a TPM of Nov 19th 2017 and was denied we were never given a reason why he was denied. He’s never been in trouble and has been the perfect inmate working 7 days a week and never in trouble. He was denied and now they say he has to finish the rest of his 2 yr sentence. Why on earth would they deny him. He’s never had a traffic tkt. How can he be a danger to society? We’ve lost everything we own and have a sick disabled child. Do they not take that in to accord? What do I do ? Is there an attorney that can help me get him out or atleast to a TC program atleast he would be able to work.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia south west Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Th one I called his assistant said he doesn’t do cases in Terrell county because of the Prosecutor Ron Smith

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Ma’am just that this is a 1st offender and he deserves to be out of that place. And I don’t know where to start

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Thank you I will be waiting for your response and will be patient.
Thank you

It's not unusual for a parole board to give you no reason or a "form" reason for denial.

You can hire a parole attorney to see if they can file a request for rehearing but appealing a parole decision to the courts is a waste of money and time. That is because parole is discretionary and not mandatory, despite some of the terms they use. In addition, it takes so long to file a case and get a hearing that he would be out before the court got around to deciding the issue.

The District Attorney and the "victim" both have a chance to respond to the parole board and tell them if they disagree with parole. I don't know if that happened, usually the offender is not notified and can't get a look at the complete parole file, but often that is the reason.

I will wait for your response. I’m going to need all money I have

I responded above. Can you see it on your screen?

I’m sorry but that was so not worth the $45.00 of my hard earned SS money. If I was able to read for long periods I could have looked that up. That was of no help at all.

I'll ask them to issue you a refund then, but it is the correct answers to the question(s) you asked. It is the only possible answers without having a copy of the file and if you had already know this or looked it up then I wouldn't have picked up and spent the time.

Nevertheless I will ask the moderators to issue you a refund.

I would kindly appreciate that sir. And so sorry I wasted your time.