Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A friend is being held on a "no bond" status due to a

Customer Question
A friend is being...

A friend is being held on a "no bond" status due to a failure to appear warrant in Jefferson Co Al. Is there any way to bail this person out of jail prior to court appearance

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Jefferson Co, Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

A local attorney said that he could appear before a judge with appeal but there was no promise of results Is a bondsman an option?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The original arrest was for possession of controled substance

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If the judge is not willing to set a bond alternative, this defendant will have to raise the cash in order to get out, and a bond won't be an option.

A defense lawyer can always be heard as to bail/bond, however. So if the lawyer is not able to successfully prevail upon the judge to set a bond alternative, it may still come about at some point in the future.

A judge will grant a bond alternative or a lower cash alternative when there are new facts that emerge in favor of the defendant's case. Typically, sooner or later something will break in this defendant's favor. So while there is no promise of results now, as time goes on, the prognosis could be much better.

Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.