Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was arrested last week for distribution of controlled

Customer Question
I was arrested last...

I was arrested last week for distribution of controlled substance the charges were filed in 2011 I don’t know what it is about nor do I remember ever doing that I had to post bond and it was 50000 dollars what can I do at this point and what is the law I was never sent anything at all about this and didn’t even know about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Colorado supposedly2011

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Know

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 2 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. At this point, you need to retain a criminal defense attorney who can represent you and start looking into the facts of the case. It is odd that they just charged and arrested you now for something that is 6+ years old, so you need to have this investigated. You shared that you do not know anything about this or ever doing it and the charges are very serious so it could be an issue about mistaken identity and they arrested and charged the wrong person. A demand for discovery would be made and the State would have to turn over all the evidence which they have, so you would get more details about the basis for all of this.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

I have the charge and it was in Douglas county Colorado the only time I was there was to give a car title to a person I met it was for a car I sold him it was my sons car

It is odd. It is possible someone has the same name as you and they charged the wrong person. You need to hire an attorney who can speak with the State about this and have them look into what this is based upon.

Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 month ago

Ely, Counselor at Law