Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My boyfriend is on probation for a drug misdemenor of

Customer Question
My boyfriend is on...

My boyfriend is on probation for a drug misdemenor of possession. He is fully recovered, served time in jail and on probation. he was in a car accident and his prescription was in wallet without perscription bottle? What will happen?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

New York. The charge was controlled substance outside it's container

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, not yet, he will today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This happened saturday night no

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If he had a prescription in his wallet without the bottle, technically this is a violation of the law and it is a misdemeanor, but if he can prove to his probation officer that he had a legitimate prescription for the medication, it would generally not be grounds for the probation officer to revoke his probation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.