Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have been charged with a class a felony distribution of a…

Customer Question
I have been charged...

I have been charged with a class a felony distribution of a controlled substance methamphetamine in New Madrid County Missouri can I get an SIS with or without probation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

This is New Madrid County Missouri and that's really all I know about the charge apparently they are saying I sold to a informant

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't talked to a lawyer I just got charged Thursday. I do not have any thing on my record as of now and I am xx years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes this is a Class A felony because I lived in a school zone

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/17/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 5 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

You should get a criminal lawyer right away. If you have no prior record, it is very likely under Missouri las that you can get a SIS and you will get probabation. There is no way they will make you do jail time at age 59. Additionally, if you can get a doctor to say that you will not do well in the jail enviornment because of your existing health issues, you will definitely not go to jail.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars by clicking on five stars ***** and press send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor