Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What would it actually take for someone to get help form the…

Customer Question
Hi xxx, what would...

Hi xxx, what would it actually take for someone to get help form the xxx if they though they were being set up and conspired against at least 2 people.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With the fbi?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a criminal case going right now and i know the other person is lieing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/16/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

The FBI investigates only incidents that would be a violation of federal laws. If the conspiracy was a violation of federal laws and it is deemed to be a significant federal law violation (felony) then they would conduct at least a preliminary investigation to determine whether or not it is a case the US Attorney would agree to pursue. If the US Attorney will not agree to pursue the case, the FBI declines to investigate. So you can only present your evidence to the FBI for them to review and discuss with the US Attorney and they have to then determine the federal laws involved and whether or not they can make their case beyond a reasonable doubt for prosecution.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thankyou for the answer. I might be back with more questions.

Thank you for your reply.

That is fine, feel free to ask follow up questions.

In the meantime, please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.