Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am the victim of harassment and went to the magist trate…

Customer Question
I am the victim...

I am the victim of harassment and went to the magist trate to have a warrant issued and was told that unless the perpetrator confronted me physically I had no case. How can he say that when a physical confrontation might result in my injury?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

State of AL. no warrant issued unless I was confronted by the perp with witnesses or video of the confrontation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This person posted my personal information on his Facebook page and put out the word that he wanted all his friends to come to my home at all hours of the night and day to harrass me so that he can find out information about the whereabouts of his son.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/16/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 5 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Unfortunately this is the case in many states, including Alabama.

Since they are imposing on this person's civil rights by the state issuing a warrant, they need some real evidence of a threat before they issue a warrant.

What you hve to do is say that when he is near you, he threatens you with his actions and words and that you are frightened to be in his presence because of the way that he threatens you and physically intimidates you.

If you say these words, and give some specific examples, then the magistrate will issue the warrant. These are you magic words about the threat.

Please rate five stars ***** and press send

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars by clicking on five stars ***** and press send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor