Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If you are in the parking lot of your apartment building and…

Customer Question
If you are in...

If you are in the parking lot of your apartment building and my minor child is being given a ticket but I was called on the phone told they were in parking lot giving him a ticket can I be charged with obstruction of govt function for refusing to leave the scene

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

North dalota

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No waiting on lawyer to look over case on Monday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There were three other minors involved which I was in charge of two they were from out of town spending the weekend with us

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/16/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 5 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Under North Dakota law you cannot be charged with obstruction of justice by the actions you describe to me. They have no basis under the law to charge you, so you are safe. Chances are the ticket for your child will be dismissed too if you protest and explain the circumstances to the court after you request a hearing about the ticket.

Please rate five stars ***** and press send

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars by clicking on five stars ***** and press send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor