Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My boyfriend is currently locked up for a bench probation…

Customer Question
My boyfriend is currently...

My boyfriend is currently locked up for a bench probation violation based on a DUI charge that he got about 9months ago. He was recently arrested for driving on suspension but they added another DUI charge for an oil pen that was sitting in the cup holder. I have bailed him out of the jail that put those to charges on him and now he is in another county jail for the bench probation. Wondering what all I can do on my end to get him out sooner rather than later because his job is on the line. Also he has pace maker and is on about 6 medications that I am not sure they are giving him because they wont disclose that to me or his mother for that matter. I am just concerned and I feel like there's got to be something I can do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Oregon and he was arrested last Wednesday

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of this whole thing is very new to me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Does he have a court date yet for the probation violation?

well I know he had seen a judge on Wednesday but not sure what happened with that because they wont disclose that and its not listed online but I am thinking that may have just been his arraignment

If you want to help him and get him out sooner, you would want to hire a criminal defense attorney for him and they would need to handle the VOP. That is the reason he is likely being held, so the attorney would need to try and get this set and heard in front of the Judge and it can be decided if he wants to fight this or resolve it. A lot depends on if the probation will be revoked as a result of the new charges, so if that is the case, he may have to do some time unless he fights it.