Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My ex girl friend has a no contact order on me, but she made…

Customer Question
My ex girl friend...

My ex girl friend has a no contact order on me, but she made a fake email account in my name sending threats to her self. Now i am wanted by police for her false report. What do i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Wilmington DE and this happened yyesterdaye

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I called one yesterday but hadn't gotten an answer back yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a large amount of proof that she does this whenever i don't want to have a relationship with her.these kinds of things have been going on since 2015

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. In a situation like this whereby she created a fake account and as a result, had you violate the order, you want to retain a criminal defense attorney. If you did not want to turn yourself in on the warrant and deal with posting bail or possible being held until you go before the Judge, they would need to file a motion with the court, asking that it be lifted and explain to the Judge, what she has done. They likely would need to obtain a subpoena to get the IP address and other information to show that she did this and it was done to set you up and the violation is without merit AND if this is shown, she can face criminal charges

My ex girl friend has a no contact order on me. She got this order from placing offensive touching and endangering the welfare of a child charges on me, due to her putting bruises on her own arm. She then after finding out i was released from prison, made a fake email account in my name and said to police that i threatened to harm her and now i have a warrant for my arrest. What do i do?

In a situation like this whereby she created a fake account and as a result, had you violate the order, you want to retain a criminal defense attorney. If you did not want to turn yourself in on the warrant and deal with posting bail or possible being held until you go before the Judge, they would need to file a motion with the court, asking that it be lifted and explain to the Judge, what she has done. They likely would need to obtain a subpoena to get the IP address and other information to show that she did this and it was done to set you up and the violation is without merit AND if this is shown, she can face criminal charges

Thanks you were very helpful

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Criminal Lawyer: Michael J. Ocampo, CA Criminal Defense Attorney replied 6 months ago
Michael J. Ocampo
Michael J. Ocampo, CA Criminal Defense Attorney

It would be prudent to retain a local criminal defense attorney. Your attorney can allow you to cooperate with the police while still safeguarding your rights. (Read: The attorney will be present with you when you speak with police to make sure that you don't say anything to them, or at minimum, anything that would incriminate you.) // Your attorney can also review the previous documented incidents (wherein your accuser previously created fake accounts to falsely accuse you) and present this to authorities in a persuasive manner. // With an attorney as your go-between with police, you may be able to avoid another arrest. Or, if you are arrested, your attorney should be able to articulate to a judge, based on previously documented incidents of false accusations, why you should be released on your own recognizance.