Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a warrant in Colorado for probation im in Texas I…

Customer Question
I have a warrant...

I have a warrant in Colorado for probation im in Texas I wanted to fly out there to get it fixed will I get arrested at the airport

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Warrant was in Colorado 2 years ago for dui

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't I wanted to do that in Colorado I just don't want to be arrested in the airport as I'm headed that way?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You're making a domestic flight, so nobody will be checking you for warrants. You don't have to go through Customs or get a passport scanned. There should be no problem flying into Colorado to voluntarily return to court on your own terms.

Thank you

You're very welcome!

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.