Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I received a 1st offense dwi, blew a .14. Should I use an…

Customer Question
I received a 1st...

I received a 1st offense dwi, blew a .14. Should I use an attorney one just plead guilty and894

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

The last part was a little off. I meant attorney or just plead guilty w/ 894. Thanks Tammie

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, But this happened before about 16 years ago and I paid a lawyer $2000.00 and that is all he did.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 6 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do you want to fight this and go to trial? Did the officer have a basis for the stop and did you make any admissions?

I don't really want to fight it, he said I made an illegal lane change. I just told him the truth, my birthday was the day before and it went on all , the party.

Thank you for the reply. If you do not want to fight it, you can act pro se and represent yourself. What you can do, is appear in court and ask for a plea to resolve this. If you think it is in your best interest and want to resolve it, you can accept it and take the plea. If you are unsure you could always ask for time to retain legal counsel and the Judge could reset the court date.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!