Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A relative of mine had an arrest warrant from PA, arrested…

Customer Question
A relative of mine...

A relative of mine had an arrest warrant from PA, arrested in MI and now in custody after signing a waiver of extradition. How long should the handover from MI to PA take and is there a time limit when the person will be released if not taken up by the demanding state (PA)?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Warrant from PA, arrest in MI on Nov. 28

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The person got a public defender, but he says just wait

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post and will be working on your reply now. Please be patient while I compose and type this for you.