Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

If someone files a no trespassing order on a person on

Customer Question
If someone files a...

If someone files a no trespassing order on a person on felony probation is that a violation of probation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Texas. There was no charge and no altercation. It was exchange of words and “threat”. The police report was filed after the fact.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Briefly. But was not very clear

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really I just want to know if “threats” or exchange of words can turn into a charge and if that is a violation of probation

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
A protective order is part of the civil process until violated so the filing alone does not violate probation. However if the probation officer becomes aware of the allegation and the underlying conduct violates probation that would be an issue. Similarly so would penal code violations. Here is the trespass penal codehttp://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.30.htm

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer