Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have report my offense commited by my ex-husband that

Customer Question
I have report my...

I have report my sexual offense commited by my ex-husband that happened five years ago? what happens nest, is he arrested? or charged, etc.?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

CT, 5 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No just the police, I am the victim, my ex is the offender

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It happened 7 years ago too, and I was ashamed to report that as well...but I am going to, because I had it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I have proof of his body parts that have a condition called Hydrocelle on his testicles, that happened 5 years ago. he was also showing me porn on his computer...then back in 2010, he came over and a full rape happened, again , ashamed, embarrassed and in shock , I di dnot report it, I did report the one to the police two days ago. the police officer told me he notified my ex-husband that he was being charged with a sexual offense crime, what happens next?
that WAS A PICTURE OF HIM DRUNK, FONDLING HIS TESTICALS
HE IS A MASTER LIAR, A MONEY LAUNDERED AND HAS FOOLED MANY MANY PEOPLE INTO HIS "GOOD "GUY" IMAGE AND HE REMARRIED A WOMAN THAT WILL DO WHATEVER HE SAYS.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If the police have told you that he will be charged what will happen next is that they will turn the file over to the State Attorney and they will get a warrant issued for your husband's arrest.

They may arrest him physically and take him into custody or, since the charge occurred several years ago, they may just send him a summons to appear in court. One way or the other he will be fingerprinted and photographed and come before a judge at which time he will be formally charged and the case against him will begin.

As the complainant, you will be the state's most important witness on this case. You won't need to come to court proceedings, however, unless your testimony is needed. In most instances, the State Attorney will represent your interests before the judge. But he or she will require your cooperation if these charges are to stick. So you will be able to talk to the prosecutor assigned to the case and share your feelings about the case as well as the details of the crime. The prosecutor also should keep you informed on how the case is going.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD