Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My boyfriend has a warrant for his arrest based on failure…

Customer Question
My boyfriend has a...

My boyfriend has a warrant for his arrest based on failure to appear and unpaid fines on a dui from 2009. His initial probation period has been over for years. If I go to the court clerk and pay his fines will that make the warrant disappear?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Pontatoc County, OK and it was issued 10/20/2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, we don't have the money to pay a lawyer and his fines

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 8 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. What did he need to appear for and why was the warrant issued? Did he complete probation?

he completed probation. The judge had him coming in every month until the fines were paid and he missed a court date. its for failure to appear

Thank you. You would need to speak with the clerk or view a copy of the warrant and see if paying it, would result in the warrant being vacated/lifted. If not, it could be paid and then a motion would need to be filed with the court, advising the Judge of the same and asking that it be vacated and explaining why he failed to appear and pay this in the past when due

It would be at the discretion of the Judge to lift it or require that he appear but if he wants to resolve this, it would need to be paid no matter what

ok thank you