Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If I made a verbal complaint to human resources at work,

could they deny a situation...
If I made a verbal complaint to human resources at work, could they deny a situation ever happened if I didn't write it down, or do they usually write down everything people complain about?
12/12/2017
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. HR has an obligation to document all complaints. Even though it was verbal, they should have reduced it to writing, so it is on record. If they did not and this becomes an issue, you would need and want to testify to the same and would depose the person who you filed the complaint with and it would need to be known and looked into as to why this was never recorded and in a file, as documentation.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Ok, thank you
My pleasure.