Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I finished up with my federal probation in june of 2016. I…

Customer Question
I finished up with my...
I finished up with my federal probation in june of 2016. I just recieved a us dept of justice administrative offset notice for 296,949.57. I dont know where they got this from. What should i do. I am not working and this amount was pulled out the air. My email is [email protected] com or(###) ###-#### Should i respond to this ? Or send them something ?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
My telephone number is(###) ###-#### My crime was a tax fraud case .. Money count between 70 -80K.. I was in a conspiracy. I violated. Paper was killed. I recieved notification today.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please type your response.
12/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Van, Retired Judge replied 4 months ago
Van
Van, Retired Judge

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I believe I can assist you with this matter. Do you recall at the time of your sentencing that the judge order you to pay a fine? You should contact your federal probation officer, he/she will have the information and will be able to explain the charges and how you can go about making monthly installment payments. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Good luck!

They say i owe 300k that is crazy. I am not working. If i ignore them. What will they do ?

I suspect that if you ignore the fine you will eventually end up with a judgment on your credit report and will be subject to having your IRS refunds and wages garnished. I highly suggest that you contact your Federal Probation Officer to set up a payment plan. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in this matter.

Van
Van
Van, Retired Judge