Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My husband and I have been separated since august 14, 2017.

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I have been separated since august 14, 2017. I have since signed divorce papers and awaiting for hin to sign. In the meantime, he is mad and continues to call and text saying he is filing extortion charges, theft by diversion and theft by conversion on money that he gave me to help with bills and christmas. can he do that? .

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I went to thenfanily violent center today to ask for help as he already has a no contact order on my children(from previous marriage) and he isbthreateneing my family and my self and my daughters and their father

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok thank you

You may have to serve him and move forward and have court divide property and set custody/visitation/anything else.Some people just won't agree to anything.It is possible to seek a divorce even if it is not agreed to.You haven't done anything wrong here, this is a divorce, there is disagreement.

See if family violence center can help you serve him and complete the divorce.

Thats your next step here to ry and move forward.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Prayers to you with all of this.

If you cn positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.

Here are forms and service forms if you have to do this yourself

http://www.southernjudicialcircuit.com/selfhelp/divorce/divorcewithminorchildrenUN.pdf

Ok thank you! The children are not his. And there is nothing to divide. Its basic papers with just a simply divorce. If he gave me money to help with bills and christmas, he cant do anything about that? Like file extortion charges?

No extortion here he gave you funds thats it, no law enforcement would take this kind of claim its not going anywhere.He is just being a b head to you.I am sorry , hopefully you can get the divorce and protection order extended.

Ok thank you!

You are so welcome thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer