Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

You can have you ever heard of a penal code anyone could use…

Customer Question
You can have you...

You can have you ever heard of a penal code anyone could use only one time in your life to have a felony charge against you dismissed indefinitely

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

I'm in California and the original charge was for manufacturing they drop it to possession with intent to sales and put him on 3 years felony probation now he is in jail on his first violation for obscounding and they are saying drug court or 3 to 6 years in the county jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this going to cost me anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but if this defendant completes Drug Court successfully, his felony charge will be completely dismissed. That's part of the contract you make with the prosecutor if you accept a drug court offer.

If that doesn't answer your question, please rephrase it in your reply and I'll be happy to add to or clarify my answer.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.