Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm looking for information on a case where I was a witness…

Customer Question
I'm looking for information...

I'm looking for information on a case where I was a witness and testified. It was an assault/attempted car jacking case out of Oakley California. I don't remember the exact date. How would I find this information?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

It was California It happened while I was working as a bagger at a grocery store. I was deployed with the Army Reserves shortly after and I never found out what happened with the case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not since 2002. I was just the testifying witness

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/11/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

You would need to know the name of the defendant to find the information. Without the defendant's name, it is virtually impossible for you to find a case from back that long ago as they cannot search cases by names of witnesses.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.