Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My fiance is currently an inmate. He's asked me to contact…

Customer Question
My fiance is currently...

My fiance is currently an inmate. He's asked me to contact the NAACP. how can the NAACP get involved to help his case?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At his preliminary hearing, the officer who arrested him failed to present the body footage, purposely so that he would spend more time behind bars.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/11/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

The only thing the NAACP can do is perhaps assist him with an attorney if he shows he is being discriminated against because of his race. See: http://www.naacp.org

If he is receiving poor legal representation because he is simply not able to afford it, then he also can contact the Southern Poverty Law Center, which even though they are in the south, they have attorneys who assist them all over the US. See: http://www.splcenter.org

But you will need to get his attorney, regardless, to file a motion to produce the body camera footage to help prove he should not be held.

Since this was only a preliminary hearing, they did not need to present it at the preliminary hearing, they would need to present the camera footage at trial as it is evidence.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.