Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Custody/ Criminal law question re: Interstate Jurisdiction…

Customer Question
Custody/ Criminal law question re...
Custody/ Criminal law question re: Interstate Jurisdiction
Ive raised my daughter as a single parent since birth. Born in GA. Father has DV history . Moved to CA for safety and support in 2012. Child was 2 so lived in GA for 2 years total) Father alleged interference for visits lies and judge recklessly ripped custody from me to father ordering me to bring child back to GA. Father immediately volunteered custody back to me 1 day later( plot to avoid child support). Raised child 5 years thereafter in CA with family and happy. No DV issues or court. in 2016 visited GA with child and attempted to return to ca. Father threatened to take child. Stayed under duress. 5 month later fled to CA after emotional abuse by father reignited. Father threatened in writing to file kidnapping if she was not returned after her first day of school in Jan 2017..in fear and still duress I returned. that night He kidnapped her from hotel at 3am in retaliation. filing a modification of custody based on him volunteering it and my raising her asking to go back hm to CA. Since then courts have taken her from me, commited horrific fraud in family court, unjustifiable acts with no merit or laws and evidence of father continuing emotional/ physical abuse. child is now isolated to prevent me to see her violating our constitutional and civil rights wwith no founded harm unfitness or neglect on my end. Judge never made ruling on father volunteering custody or followed due process to evaluate childs best interest or closeness. We were only in GA 5 mos prior to my motion filed in GA. As I understand it ( which I didn't know) California in fact could still have jurisdiction over our case. This is the only time we have had peace as evidence of our history. I am in fear for my childs life and no one is listening to her or I and her mental and physical health have been violated with EVIDENCE. Our bond has been broken as well and he is isolating her , neglected her medical care,no friends in GA and she has been bullied at an F rated school hes chosen. where non of these issues existed in my care and lived far away from each other. How can I get CA to take over and help us under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act or similar. I want GA to surrender and vacate this fraudulent order and California to demand jurisdiction as well have fallen victim to GAs systematic abuse and we were forced here against our will.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/11/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to register the GA Order at the Superior Court in the County where you resided with the child in California. If the Court accepts your application for registration, for domestication of the Order under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), then you can file Motion for Modification of the Custody Order and ask the Court to give custody and also order the father to pay Child Support. Click here for Registration form.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Glad to know! As far as currently... with essentially all of my parental rights terminated I haven’t seen my child in 60 days nor been allowed to talk to her. The 6 minute call I had with her a few days ago she showed memory loss! Is there any way to make the ga courts void this order immediately? This ruling was total fraud and speculation stated “ reason to believe mother is telling child she is sick and or abused by father” as “the change of circumstance” for custody modification when I clearly filed it based on an emergency and that he volunteered her to me. No ruling or even addressing my initial motion 10 months earlier.
Would he be charged criminally here or in CA? ( Father is a resident of GA ) this law I found under 18 u.s. code 2261 -Interstate domestic violence listed as a criminal offense. I also have a video of him kidnapping her when we arrived back to ga) broke into my hotel and snatched her at 3 am as she kicked and screamed for me)

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response 1: You can file Emergency Motion and request that you be granted immediate Custody because the child is danger.

You should also contact GA child protection service and file child abuse complaint.

Response 2: I do not know whether he would be charged for crimes in California since he does not reside in California. You may want to contact GA prosecutor's office with your concerns regarding kidnapping and domestic violence.

Unfortunately the family court and cps have both enabled the abuse. I was denied a protective or WITH evidence by the judge and cps covered their own tracks with failing to protect her because “ father has custody”staying “ the goal is to keep the family together” even though he’s never spent time with her . Horrible. I read about a demand for proof of jurisdiction in order to vacate the order. They don’t ( ga)have ‘subject matter jurisdiction’ from what I read. I guess what I’m asking is can CA or the interstate dept demand emergency release of my child due to unjustifiable conduct by the state? I have tons of evidence but telling the violators the are in violation seems counter productive. This state is literally enabling the abuse by enforcing an order to isolate her and lesson risk of detecting the abuse. She was abducted in Jan and offesenses still apply now but worse. I know consideration is to do with DV and where it will likely cease. Info is appreciated

I am sorry to read that CPS is part of the problem.

Your Question:

I guess what I’m asking is can CA or the interstate dept demand emergency release of my child due to unjustifiable conduct by the state?

Response: The only way California can assume Jurisdiction of the case and send a demand to another Court to release jurisdiction is if California accepts your application for Registration of Foreign Decree. So, you have to start by filing application to register the GA Order in California.

Best wishes,