Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have abided with all the things that my probation officer…

Customer Question
I have abided with all...
I have abided with all the things that my probation officer and I asked him if I could go to kentucky to pick up a puppy and come right back. 2 days. When I contacted him he told me that I can't go. Where do I go from here. The probation office in canton ga last monday someone through a bomb in the window and it damage the front lobby and some of the room. So we can't go to that facility. So I called back my probation officer and asked him why I couldn't go and he won't give me a answer. What can I do??
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post and I'm typing you a reply. Please be patient as it will take me a few minutes to type it. JustAnswer will email you when I'm done so that you don't have to stare at your computer screen.

You can go over the head of your probation officer and ask his supervisor. If his supervisor won't approve you, you'd have to get your lawyer to get the case back before the judge and ask the judge to overrule probation and order them to grant you a travel pass.

The judge has greater power than your probation officer. They don't like going against probation, but they will in order to prevent an injustice. If the judge says no, then unfortunately, you'll have to make other arrangements to get the puppy.

how Do I find out who his supervisor is?

Call probation. Give the telephone receptionist the name of your probation officer and ask for the name and phone extension of his supervisor.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.