Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I daughter has been housed at the Orlando Community Work…

Customer Question
I daughter has been...

I daughter has been housed at the Orlando Community Work Release for several months. She has approximately 5 weeks left on her sentence. I received a call today from Orlando asking when I would be available to come get her personal belongings. I was told that she is no longer there and has been transferred up to Lowell Annex in Ocala. I was not given a reason and was told to call Lowell. I then called Lowell, who informed me that they could neither tell me the reason for her transfer. Could there have been a problem in Orlando or is this standard procedure for an inmate who is due soon for release from Florida DOC?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

This is not common practice, and I suggest you contact the public defender for Orange County and find out why your daughter was trasnferred. They won't charge you and you have a legal right to know the reason for the transfer. Moreover, you want to be sure that the release date is still on target and there won't be any mixup or delay regarding her release.

Here is the link with contract for the Orange County Public Defender. Again, they will not charge you for services.

http://www.myfloridapd.com/home-page-13/

Please rate five stars by clicking ***** and press send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars by clicking on ***** and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.