Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I live in Michigan and discovered mynex-husbad opened a test…

Customer Question
Hello. I live in...

Hello. I live in Michigan and discovered mynex-husbad opened a test result from a lab my GYN used. The envelope was stamped with Personal and Confident boldly on the face. The letter have my name and my old marital address on it from more than 2 years ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have been divorced for 1.5 years and just finished a difficult custody and attorney fee hearing. He did not fair well and he is angry, bitter and insulting. He sends me degrading texts and calls me names.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

What recourse do I have?
I am an RN and I take HIPAA very seriously.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Mail tampering is a federal offense and can land the perpetrator in prison. See 18 U.S.C. Section 1708. Click here to file complaint with United States Postal Inspection Service.

Unfortunately, his action does not implicate HIPAA because he is not a covered entity. For more information, click here.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.