Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I live in Benton County TN. recently I was broken in on...my…

Customer Question
I live in Benton...

I live in Benton County TN. recently I was broken in on...my own home..by police..dragged out in cuffs in my underwear by 4-5 cars of police...NO CHARGES..NO ONE EXPLAINED A THING..I WAS DRAGGED TO POLICE DEPT FOR TWO SOLID DAYS!! NO CHARGES!!..I WAS STRIP SEARCHED...HELD IN A FREEZING CELL OVER NIGHT!!...THEN DUMPED IN A PSYCH FACILITY For A WEEK!!.My cvill rights totally violated!!..these cops brutalized me injured me...treated it like a joke...!

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

TN the end of October...I have NO CRIMININAL HISTORY!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No...Im not sure who to go to...its a tiny red neck town..Im an outsider..Im about to call the press

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was physically injured

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/9/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Are you asking what kind of a lawyer you need to go forward with a civil rights suit against the police and the county?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.