Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Are polygraphs admissible in both immigration, parole

Customer Question
Are polygraphs admissible in...

Are polygraphs admissible in both immigration, parole hearings and texas court of appeals?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yeah the case is 8 years old. I believe in parole hearings they are allowed but what about the court of appeals he just recieved parole but in court the lie detector tests was not admissible but I heard when appealing a case they are. my husband passed his test with flying colors they would not allow it then and he is paroled but wants to clear his name. \ he wants to appeal his case

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/9/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

okay.
first off ray if you are not a texas attorney then I doubt you will give me the right answer. When I was in prison, I studied a lot o law but this is something i am unsure of. My husband has a signed affidavit from a witness as well as a polygraph. His trial was a sexual assault of a minor child. I have a witness to the accusers confession. However, polygraphs are not admissible in texas courts. He has been parolled but is currently waiting his court date in immigration, Parole wouldnt have parolled him if he was not eligible
However he wants to appeal his case
can the lie detector tests be admitted as evidence. The accuser will not take one.
check it out here is the cause number and tdcj number if you want to get familiar with it then call me back

Yes they are admissible in immigration cases, here is reference

https://dannyseiler.com/why-people-take-polygraph-tests/144/

Not in court of appeals .Here is a case about parole hearing where it was admissible.

This is an evolving area of the law here parole hearings since this case came out.

I am a Texas lawyer for 35 years.

I appreciate the chance to help you ,thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

well will the witness affidavit help
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer