Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Am a registered person under FINRA rules. if I got arrested…

Customer Question
Hi, am a registered...

Hi, am a registered person under FINRA rules. if I got arrested for domestic violence as a felony, but charges have not been filed. am I required to supply the police report to the my registered company? the police department says the original police report is w the DA and will not get a copy of the police report and the charges filed til the arraignment. Is that true about the police report?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The charge was 273.5(a):PC; first time offense

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just questioning if the police report is really needed by FINRA certain due day after the arrest?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/9/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hi, am a registered person under FINRA rules. if I got arrested for domestic violence as a felony, but charges have not been filed. am I required to supply the police report to the my registered company?

Response 1: No. However, you are required to provide a copy of the indictment within 30 days of the indictment. See FINRA Rules 4530.

the police department says the original police report is w the DA and will not get a copy of the police report and the charges filed til the arraignment. Is that true about the police report?

Response 2: Yes.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.